Hi ! I am Darshan, an M.Tech-Ph.D. Dual Degree student at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay , India. I work in the Computational Neurophysiology Lab at the Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering (BSBE). My Ph.D. advisor is Dr. Rohit Manchanda . I work on the Computational Modelling of the Reflex Pathways of the Urinary Bladder.
Update:I am actively looking for post-doc/job opportunities in Computational Neuroscience, Neurophysiology, Neuroscience Software Development, Simulations and related fields. Do contact me through email or using the contact form if you know of any such opportunities or are willing to hire me :).
Research and Education
My Ph.D. work involves the use of computational tools like NEURON and Scilab to model the peripheral sensory neurons – Dorsl Root Ganglion (DRG) Neurons – supplying the urinary bladder. Currently I am working on single cell soma model of dorsal root ganglion neurons.
I did my undergraduation in Biomedical Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Raipur. I worked in a market research company called MarketRx (now part of Cognizant) training as a market research analyst.
- D. Mandge and R. Manchanda, "A biophysically detailed computational model of urinary bladder small DRG neuron soma" PLOS Computational Biology, 14(7): e1006293. 2018. (Model Links: ModelDB, GitHub). The article was featured on the PLOS Computational Biology website (image) and twitter page.
- D. Mandge and R. Manchanda, "Computational studies on bladder small dorsal root ganglion neurons: Modelling BK channels." 2015 37th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), Milan, 2015, pp. 5376-5379
- D. Mandge, A. Bhatnagar and R. Manchanda, “Computational Model for Intercellular Communication between DRG Neurons via Satellite Glial Cells using ATP.” 2017 8th International IEEE/EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering (NER), Shanghai, 2017.
- S. Aruljothi, D. Mandge, and R. Manchanda, “A Biophysical Model of Heat Sensitivity in Nociceptive C-Fiber Neurons.” 2017 8th International IEEE/EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering (NER), Shanghai, 2017.
- D. Mandge and R. Manchanda, "Role of inward rectification of SKCa current on frequency modulation of small-diameter dorsal root ganglion neuron soma firing: a computational study." Bernstein Conference 2018. DOI: 10.12751/nncn.bc2018.0070.
Presentation and Talks
- "An Introductory Talk on Computational Neuroscience" at BioTech Club, IIT Bombay (March 2016)
- Talk on "Network Level Models in Computational Neuroscience" for students of Sophia College For Women, IIT Bombay (March 2014)
- "Lecture on the Hodgkin-Huxley Model" for a short course on Mathematical Modelling for Neurophysiology using Open Source Softwares at Govt. Engineering College, Chandrapur, Maharashtra (February 2014)
- List of some useful links in computational Neuroscience